Lupus 2 is our most economical 2 persons and 3 seasons tent (we suggest 3 seasons usage but its construction enables it to be occassionally used as an all seasons tent with moderate snow). While it is economically priced it does not compromise on the quality at all because all our tents are made from same Aluminium poles, Japanese zippers and textiles. It is the simplistic design and single door-single vestibule construction that makes it economical. This is an outer-first tent in which the outer rainfly and inner tent are connected together using a suspension system. Some of the special features that makes this tent so special and different from most tents in the same dome design are
1) 7000 series aviation grade Aluminium poles
2) Patented Jake's foot construction to clip the poles to the inner tent and the outer rainfly (to understand how Jake's foot works, see one of the accompanying product images here)
3) 3,000 mm PU coated Polyester rainfly that has proven record of withstanding heavy thunderstorms experienced typically in Himalayas for a minimum of 8 hours. While other tents leak in an hour or two, this tent still goes strong!
4) In addition to 4 internal pockets, the inner canopy also features a gear loft on the top.
5) Double layered doors for ventilation whenever needed. The doors have mesh and fabric layers.
6) The rear of the tent has mesh on inner canopy and a storm vent on the rainfly that can be lifted and tied in position to allow for ventilation from the rear of the tent.
o Floor Size: 145 x 220 cm
o Peak height: 110 cm
o Outer rainfly: 68D Polyester with 3,000 mm PU coating and DWR treatment on outside
o Ground sheet: Polyethylene
o Inner Canopy: Polyester mesh and Polyester taffeta
o Poles: 9.5mm Pressfit DAC aluminium poles made from Aviation aluminium Guy ropes: 4
o Weight: 2.2 kg (approximately)
o Guy ropes: 4
o Ground anchors: Galvanized steel , qty: 5
o Doors: 1
o Vestibules: 1
o Capacity: 2 persons
o Door of inner tent has 2 layers of mesh and fabric. The roof of inner tent has mesh for ventilation too.
o All our tents have YKK Zippers (made in Japan)