This is a double layer, all season, free standing and outer first winter tent that you can bank upon during longer expeditions in extreme weather conditions. Like every Gipfel tent, this are made from the world’s best DAC® aviation grade Aluminium poles and YKK® zippers. We have partnered with only the best in the world- DAC® poles to bring to you the highest quality tents at reasonable prices.
This tent does not compromise at all in durability and features, thus making it an ultimate mountaineering tent. The inner tent's doors have double layers of mesh and fabric. You could unzip the fabric layer to allow cross ventilation from mesh. Vestibules are large enough to accommodate 4x 60l packs. The Outer and Inner tent are connected to each other at all times thus cutting back on the pitching time significantly.
Fully seam taped outer rain fly and floor of inner tent. A spare protective Ground sheet not included but highly recommended to increase the working life in rockier terrain.
Recommended use: Base camps, glacier walks, high altitude treks, mountaineering (recommended maximum pitching altitude: 6,000 masl)
• Poles: DAC® PF 7000 series Aluminium poles 9.5mm
• Inner Canopy: Breathable 100% Polyester mesh and Taffeta
• Outer Flysheet: 40D 70 gsm Ripstop Nylon with PU coating 3,000 mm Hydrostatic Head PU coating and DWR coating
• Ground Sheet: 70D 90gsm Dull grid Taslon with PU coating of 5,000mm Hydrostatic Head on one side and water repellent treatment on outside
• Open size: 220 x 215 x 125 cm
• Vestibule size: 220 x 90 cm
• Peak height: 125 cm
• Internal pockets: 2
• Weight Packed: 4.90 kg.
• Tent Capacity: 4
• Doors: 2
• Vestibules: 2
• Stakes: 8
• Color: Red hot orange
• Recommended Use: Base camps, glacier walks, high altitude treks, mountaineering (recommended maximum pitching altitude: 6,000 masl)
This is a double layer, 4 season, free standing winter tent that you can bank upon during longer expeditions in extreme weather conditions. Like every Gipfel tent, this are made from the world’s best DAC® aviation grade Aluminium poles and YKK® zippers. We have partnered with only the best in the world- DAC® poles to bring to you the highest quality tents at reasonable prices.
The method of pitching this tent is substantially different from our other tents. Watch the video to know how it is done.
We dispatch within 24-72 hours. Shipping is done through our contract shipper. Delivery could take anywhere between 3 to 8 working days depending upon your location and accessibility of your place. For expedited shipping, please place your order under free shipping mode and immediately send us your Order# to email@example.com.
We will confirm you the extra charge for shipping. Only if you accept the charges, we will expedite your shipment for delivery within 2-5 days and charge you the extra amount.
For International shipping please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is our versatile and ultralight travel canopy for staying in a bivouac or resting in shade while you are out climbing in crags. It features Polyester fabric with 1,500 mm Hydrostatic Head waterproof PU coating and fully taped seams. There are 6 guy out points and 6 webbing loops. Any of these could be used either to anchor the canopy to the ground or trees using guy lines or your could simply pitch it using your trekking poles and make an A-shaped bivouac. There are several possibilities of how you pitch it.
Lupus 2 is our most economical 2 persons and 3 seasons tent (we suggest 3 seasons usage but its construction enables it to be occassionally used as an all seasons tent with moderate snow). While it is economically priced it does not compromise on the quality at all because all our tents are made from same Aluminium poles, Japanese zippers and textiles. It is the simplistic design and single door-single vestibule construction that makes it economical. This is an outer-first tent in which the outer rainfly and inner tent are connected together using a suspension system. Some of the special features that makes this tent so special and different from most tents in the same dome design are
1) 7000 series aviation grade Aluminium poles
2) Patented Jake's foot construction to clip the poles to the inner tent and the outer rainfly (to understand how Jake's foot works, see one of the accompanying product images here)
3) 3,000 mm PU coated Polyester rainfly that has proven record of withstanding heavy thunderstorms experienced typically in Himalayas for a minimum of 8 hours. While other tents leak in an hour or two, this tent still goes strong!
4) In addition to 4 internal pockets, the inner canopy also features a gear loft on the top.
5) Double layered doors for ventilation whenever needed. The doors have mesh and fabric layers.
6) The rear of the tent has mesh on inner canopy and a storm vent on the rainfly that can be lifted and tied in position to allow for ventilation from the rear of the tent.
o Floor Size: 145 x 220 cm
o Peak height: 110 cm
o Outer rainfly: 68D Polyester with 3,000 mm PU coating and DWR treatment on outside
o Ground sheet: Polyethylene
o Inner Canopy: Polyester mesh and Polyester taffeta
o Poles: 9.5mm Pressfit DAC aluminium poles made from Aviation aluminium Guy ropes: 4
o Weight: 2.2 kg (approximately)
o Guy ropes: 4
o Ground anchors: Galvanized steel , qty: 5
o Doors: 1
o Vestibules: 1
o Capacity: 2 persons
o Door of inner tent has 2 layers of mesh and fabric. The roof of inner tent has mesh for ventilation too.
o All our tents have YKK Zippers (made in Japan)
Explore the higher mountains and glaciers with this easy to pitch and extremely light-weight tent made from the world’s best DAC® aviation grade Aluminium poles, Rip stop Nylon fabric and zippers from YKK (Made in Japan). We have partnered with only the best in the world- DAC® poles to bring to you the highest quality tents multi-purpose tents at reasonable prices. A classic dome shaped but with an addition of two spines imparts structural stability to this tent as well as allows for a bigger vestibule area that extends out from the poles. Our focus group has tested this tent in USA and Japan. The most distinct feature reported by every group are a pleasantly spacious headroom (thanks to the spines on top) and the breathability of the tent even when high degree of condensation was expected. With a lightweight design that doesn’t compromise durability or features, this new two men tent delivers the ultimate mountaineering tent. The outer fly sheet extends much lower on all sides. Most of the mesh is replaced with a Nylon breathable fabric to retain the warmth inside the tent. But the doors are double layered (adjacent layers of Polyester taffeta and mesh) to allow cross ventilation whenever needed. The taffeta layer can be unzipped while the mesh layer is still on on both doors for cross ventilation. Vestibules are large enough to accommodate 2x 60l rucksacks.
• Poles: DAC® PF Aluminium poles
• Inner Canopy: 100% Polyester mesh and Taffeta
• Outer Rainfly: 40D PU coated Rip stop Nylon 3,000 mm Hydrostatic Head and Silicone coating on other side
• Ground Sheet: 70D 90 GSM PU coated Rip stop Taslon 5,000 mm Hydrostatic Head waterproofing
• Open size (inner): 215 x 155 x 115 cm
• Open size (with outer rainfly): 215 x 300 x 110 cm
• Peak height: 115 cm
• Double layered doors with mesh and Polyester Taffeta
• Internal pockets: 4
• Weight Packed: 3.4 kg (it is heavy because of the durable materials)
• Tent Capacity: 2
• Doors: 2
• Vestibules: 2
• Stakes: 14
• Recommended use: Base camps, glacier walks, treks at an altitude of 4,000 m asl
• Colour: Red hot orange