- BETTER TRACTION: 12 point claw stainless steel spikes are arranged in a diamond pattern to provide excellent traction on icy surfaces.
– COMFORT: The diamond arrangement of spikes facilitates equal distribution of weight on the spikes resulting in a comfortable fit even with thin sole street shoes on longer walks
– ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Durable elastic base material ensures a snug fit around your shoe. This prevents the spikes from slipping from one side to another.
– DURABLE MATERIALS: Stainless steel metal parts and TPE foot harness performs well in -40(°C)
– COMPATIBILITY: Fits well on trekking shoes as well as your regular street shoes
– USAGE: Perfect product for hikes, winter walks, treks, winter runs and general city use in snowy conditions
– WEIGHT: Size S: 325 grams / 0.715 lbs, Size M: 345 grams / 0.76 lbs. Size L: 375 grams / 0.825 lbs
An alpinist's best friend, Polar ice screw features an integrated crank and concave cut teeth for ease of placement in ice. The tube features a tapered profile for a smooth passage of the screw in ice. Polar ice screw is made from heat treated and hardened Chromoly alloy to achieve the desired mechanical properties.
Axial Pullout Strength: 5kN Radial Pullout Strength in test Ice block Type 2: 15kN
Vertical traverse per rotation (after 10 full rotations) under the load of 120N is > pitch of the thread
Tube: Chromoly Steel Hanger: Chromoly Steel
CERTIFICATIONS: EN 568:2007, CE1019 and UIAA 151
NOTE: Strength of an ice screw depends significantly on the quality of ice. Avoid using this on fragile, aerated and thin slabs of ice. A screw is only one part of the safety chain and should be used in conjunction with only CE and UIAA certified equipment.
Our Ultralight Gaiter features Oeko-Tex compliant breathable and waterproof 3-layer fabric. The breathable fabric allows the heat and moisture from the shoes to seep through the pores and release in the air. However the tight pores of water-repellent coating keeps the moisture outside. Its a great and versatile piece of equipment for serious climbers, trekkers, hikers and mountaineers. YKK® zippers and hook and loop closures.
- Gipfel Alpine fitted Gaiter prevents outdoor elements such as snow and scree from entering your shoes
– A diligently designed gaiter that will protect you during various activities such as mountaineering, glacier traverse, winter walking, hiking and even biking
– Double lined wear resistant and waterproof bottom layer featuring 1200 mm waterproof PU coated Nylon
– Durable YKK® zipper with snag-guard, Velcro® and snap closures on the front
– Draw string tightener on the top
– Reinforced synthetic Inseam straps with wear-resistant Kevlar coating
– Designed and made keeping high ankle hiking shoes and mountaineering boots cum crampons in mind but its
versatility allows it to be paired well even with your regular running and biking shoes.
– Size S/M suitable for heights 150-180 cms. Size L/XL works well for people taller than 180 cms.