High Mountain 4 PLUS is a 4 seasons tent designed for serious mountaineering expeditions on medium to very high altitudes. While the design and size of inner tent living area of this tent is same as that of our standard High Mountain 4 tent there are additions of extra large vestibule on one side and extra large storm flaps all around the tent.
The extra large vestibule adds to the comfort of the mountaineers. It is spacious enough for a person to sit outside the tent area and even cook.
The storm flaps keep the elements out as well as helps in weighing down the tent by placing snow and/or rocks on them.
All our High Mountain 4 and 4 PLUS tents now feature upgraded waterproof and water repellent Silnylon rain flies. The inner canopies are now constructed from breathable and water repellent rip stop Nylon
The doors on the rain fly of the vestibule area are on the sides, unlike the standard High Mountain 4 tent with roll-up doors in the middle. This features makes it comfortable for the users to enter and exit the tent even when the vestibule is occupied by another person or large luggage.
POLES: 7000 series aviation grade DAC® PF poles 9.5 mm
INNER CANOPY: 20D Rip stop breathable Nylon with water repellent finish
GROUND SHEET: 50D Diamond Ripstop PU coated Polyester with 5,000 mm Hydrostatic Head waterproofing
RAIN FLY: 40D Rip stop SilNylon
FLOOR AREA OF LIVING SPACE: 4.5 sqm ( 215 x 215 cm)
FLOOR AREA INCLUDING VESTIBULES: 7.1 sqm
PEAK HEIGHT: 125 cm
ZIPPERS: Zippers are made in Japan and tested at -60° C
VESTIBULES: 2 (1 Large and 1 standard)
GUY ROPES: Included with tent
GROUND STAKES: Steel (16 pcs.)
PACKED WEIGHT: 5.5 kgs
WARRANTY AGAINST MANUFACTURING DEFECTS: View our Warranty T&C
Little things make a big difference. You don’t realize how much this product relaxes your body until you use it once on your treks. It is designed to support your back with adjustable inclination. So, do yourself a favor and take one of these next time you go outdoors.
– Made from durable PU coated Polyester
– Sturdy side straps to adjust the inclination
– Aluminium backstays provide lumbar support and rigidity to the product
– This is a Type 2 braking device used for abseiling (rappelling) and belaying without a function to adjust the friction
– Fabricated from an Aluminium alloy used for manufacturing aircraft’s wings
– Suitable for both single and double rope function
– Optimum rope thickness: Dynamic single rope- 9.5-11.5mm, double rope: 8.5-9.5mm; Static rope: 8.5-11.5mm
– Weighs only 108 grams
– Individually tested before shipping
– Strength Rating: 25kN
– EN15151-2, UIAA 129, CE certified
– Proudly made in India.
This is a double layer, all season, free standing and outer first winter tent that you can bank upon during longer expeditions in extreme weather conditions. Like every Gipfel tent, this are made from the world’s best DAC® aviation grade Aluminium poles and YKK® zippers. We have partnered with only the best in the world- DAC® poles to bring to you the highest quality tents at reasonable prices.
This tent does not compromise at all in durability and features, thus making it an ultimate mountaineering tent. The inner tent's doors have double layers of mesh and fabric. You could unzip the fabric layer to allow cross ventilation from mesh. Vestibules are large enough to accommodate 4x 60l packs. The Outer and Inner tent are connected to each other at all times thus cutting back on the pitching time significantly.
Fully seam taped outer rain fly and floor of inner tent. A spare protective Ground sheet not included but highly recommended to increase the working life in rockier terrain.
Recommended use: Base camps, glacier walks, high altitude treks, mountaineering (recommended maximum pitching altitude: 6,000 masl)
• Poles: DAC® PF 7000 series Aluminium poles 9.5mm
• Inner Canopy: Breathable 100% Polyester mesh and Taffeta
• Outer Flysheet: 40D 70 gsm Ripstop Nylon with PU coating 3,000 mm Hydrostatic Head PU coating and DWR coating
• Ground Sheet: 70D 90gsm Dull grid Taslon with PU coating of 5,000mm Hydrostatic Head on one side and water repellent treatment on outside
• Open size: 220 x 215 x 125 cm
• Vestibule size: 220 x 90 cm
• Peak height: 125 cm
• Internal pockets: 2
• Weight Packed: 4.90 kg.
• Tent Capacity: 4
• Doors: 2
• Vestibules: 2
• Stakes: 8
• Color: Red hot orange
• Recommended Use: Base camps, glacier walks, high altitude treks, mountaineering (recommended maximum pitching altitude: 6,000 masl)
Explore the higher mountains and glaciers with this easy to pitch and extremely light-weight tent made from the world’s best DAC® aviation grade Aluminium poles, Rip stop Nylon fabric and zippers from YKK (Made in Japan). We have partnered with only the best in the world- DAC® poles to bring to you the highest quality tents multi-purpose tents at reasonable prices. A classic dome shaped but with an addition of two spines imparts structural stability to this tent as well as allows for a bigger vestibule area that extends out from the poles. Our focus group has tested this tent in USA and Japan. The most distinct feature reported by every group are a pleasantly spacious headroom (thanks to the spines on top) and the breathability of the tent even when high degree of condensation was expected. With a lightweight design that doesn’t compromise durability or features, this new two men tent delivers the ultimate mountaineering tent. The outer fly sheet extends much lower on all sides. Most of the mesh is replaced with a Nylon breathable fabric to retain the warmth inside the tent. But the doors are double layered (adjacent layers of Polyester taffeta and mesh) to allow cross ventilation whenever needed. The taffeta layer can be unzipped while the mesh layer is still on on both doors for cross ventilation. Vestibules are large enough to accommodate 2x 60l rucksacks.
• Poles: DAC® PF Aluminium poles
• Inner Canopy: 100% Polyester mesh and Taffeta
• Outer Rainfly: 40D PU coated Rip stop Nylon 3,000 mm Hydrostatic Head and Silicone coating on other side
• Ground Sheet: 70D 90 GSM PU coated Rip stop Taslon 5,000 mm Hydrostatic Head waterproofing
• Open size (inner): 215 x 155 x 115 cm
• Open size (with outer rainfly): 215 x 300 x 110 cm
• Peak height: 115 cm
• Double layered doors with mesh and Polyester Taffeta
• Internal pockets: 4
• Weight Packed: 3.4 kg (it is heavy because of the durable materials)
• Tent Capacity: 2
• Doors: 2
• Vestibules: 2
• Stakes: 14
• Recommended use: Base camps, glacier walks, treks at an altitude of 4,000 m asl
• Colour: Red hot orange
UFO 4 is our personal favorite tent that features an exceptionally large head room and leg space. You can easily fit in 4 people and still have enough room to stretch your body and relax. Owing to its Arc and Ridge construction, the head room has large gear loft on the top but it is high enough for you to hold your neck straight up. Since this tent was designed keeping camping and hiking in mind, the roof of the canopy is mostly Polyester no-see-thru-um mesh for excellent ventilation. Two doors and two equally large vestibules boasts of a large space to stow your backpacks and shoes away.
This tent features patented Jake’s foot attachment to connect poles to the ground sheet. Apart from the top gear loft, there are four internal pockets. The rain cover has hooks with which the it could be attached neatly and easily to the Jake’s foot. The wind-guards on the outer rain fly acts as a barrier for cold winds and elements.
Zippers are specially developed for these tents with the help of the world’s best YKK®.
This tent is going to be a favorite of outdoor enthusiasts like mountaineers, bikers, Search and Rescue teams, hikers, and even mountaineers. At the same time, the UFO 4 is also an excellent choice for anyone wanting a tent that is exceptionally sturdy yet relatively light in weight, that will work for any situation, and that will handle many years of use. The tent has a very sturdy design due to which we don’t mind taking this tent for as high as 4,500m altitude.
Assembled Size: 215 x 200 cm
Peak Height: 135 cm
Made from the world’s best DAC® Pressfit poles. The poles are meticulously designed and manufactured in Korea from aircraft grade Aluminium alloy. The accessories are of top quality and also features patented Jake’s Foot.
Inner Canopy: Breathable 100% Polyester mesh and Taffeta Ground sheet: Fully seam taped Polyester with PU coating 3,000 mm Hydrostatic Head and DWR coating on other side Outer Rainfly: Fully seam taped Polyester with PU coating 3,000 mm Hydrostatic Head when new (in actual tests it measures up to 4,000 mm) Poles: 9.5mm DAC® PF® poles curry and blue colour Colour: Glacier White/ Sky Blue Weight: 2.9 kg Packed Size: 50 x 18 x 18 cms Stakes: 14 ground stakes. For snow, DAC® Aluminium J-stakes could be bought from us separately Recommended Use: Base Camps, glacier walks, treks at an altitude of 4,000 masl Color: Sunny Yellow (Pictures are yet to be updated)
Explore the wilderness with this easy to pitch extremely light-weight tent made from the world’s best DAC® aviation grade Aluminium poles and zippers from YKK (Made in Japan). We have partnered with only the best in the world- DAC® poles to bring to you the highest quality tents multi-purpose tents at reasonable prices. A classic dome shaped but with an addition of two spines imparts structural stability to this tent as well as allows for a bigger vestibule area that extends out from the poles. With a lightweight design that doesn’t compromise durability or features, this new two men tent delivers the ultimate camping cum backpacking tent. Vestibules are large enough to accommodate 2 x 60l rucksacks. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
• Poles: DAC® PF Aluminium poles
• Canopy: Nylon taffeta and 100% Polyester mesh
• Outer Rainfly: Polyester with PU coating 2,000 mm Hydrostatic Head and DWR coating
• Ground Sheet: Polyester with PU coating 3,000 mm of Hydrostatic Head and DWR coating
• Open size: 215 x 155 x 110cms
• Peak height: 115 cms
• Internal pockets: 4
• Weight Packed: 2.1 kg (weight reduced in August 2017 model onwards)
• Tent Capacity: 2
• Doors: 2
• Vestibules: 2
• Stakes: 10
• Recommended use: Backpacking, camping, hiking, trail walking
• Color: Currently available in Gipfel Glacier Blue color only. Pictures are not yet updated.
– Our all-around and personal favourite harness.
– Excellent for adventure activities, climbing gyms as well as for mountaineering use
– One size fits all
– Auto-lock buckles and adjustable leg loops
– EN 12277, UIAA 105, CE 1019
– India’s first UIAA certified harness. This could be your ideal first harness when you take up rock climbing.
– Climbing and mountaineering harness best suited for sport climbing and single pitch climbs
– Padded waist belt and leg loops allow uniform weight distribution in addition to comfort
– Adjustable leg loops and waist belt
– Two molded gear loops makes racking quick and easy
– 15kN rated belay loop and 10 kN rated waist belt.
– EN 12277 Type C, UIAA 105, CE 1019
– Recommended use: Sport Climbing, Rock and Ice. Not recommended for Trad Climbing
– Based on our personal experience and reviews from buyers, this harness is uniquely comfortable. If your climbing activity involves long periods of hanging in the same spot, then we highly recommend this harness.
Buying Guide for Harness
Although all our harnesses will perform well under any circumstances and we vouch for their strength, but we suggest buying the harness with your perfect fit and the one that suits your climbing style. Our harnesses are tested extensively under Static and Dynamic loads. Additionally, every harness is manufactured by expert workers under careful supervision of a trained quality inspector. The workers undergo frequent training sessions aiming to enhance their accuracy as well as they are adequately exposed to the world of climbing to understand the critical nature of a harness.
Something that we would like you to know
Contrary to what many believe in, there is only single piece of high tenacity Polyamide webbing that passes all the way around the waist belt. Similarly there is only one single piece of webbing that encircles the entire length of both the leg loops in the harness.
– Stainless Steel 304 wedge type expansion bolts for outdoor use (not marine grade).
– Diameter: 12mm
– Placement length: 87mm
– Recommended length of bore in rock: 95mm
– Choose the bolt size carefully depending upon strength of base rock material. If the rock is soft or has uneven composition such as Sandstone and Limestone, then any rock anchor, including ours will not be strong enough to endure heavy loading.
– This anchor is not recommended for use in coastal areas because it may not last as long as it normally should. For areas within 100 kms of coastline we recommend the anchors must be made in marine grade Stainless Steel. Contact us if you want these to be custom made!
– If you are combining our bolts with hangers from another manufacturer, then ensure that they are made from the same grade of metal.
The recommendation below is based on several assumptions. Do your own due diligence before installing an anchor anywhere.
M10 bolt: Only to be used in very hard rocks such as Granite (Compressive Strength > 75MPa)
M12 Bolt: Only to be used in medium to high hardness rocks such as Sandstone (Compressive Strength > 30MPa)
– EN959:2007, CE3076
Minimum Breaking Strength of Hanger is 25kN. Although the older versions are marked with 22kN, we guarantee 25kN.We take factor of safety into account with this figure of 25kN. Gipfel hangers are tested for breaking load often and none of them has ever failed under 38kN (the average breaking load has been 40kN) in both recommended direction of loading (radial) as well as in axial direction (Tensile)
Cutting Strength (Radial Load) in 50MPA test concrete block: 25kN (For Both M10 & M12 Sizes)
Pull-out strength (Axial load) in 50MPA test concrete block: 25kN (for M12 bolt) and 15kN (for M10 bolt)
– Stainless Steel for outdoors and galvanized option for indoors
– Stainless Steel – Breaking Strength : 45kN, Safe Working Load: 11kN
– Galvanized Steel – Breaking strength : 30kN, Safe Working Load: 11kN
– These are not yet CE and UIAA certified but we guarantee the performance and breaking load
– Individually tested before shipping for your safety
– Climbing chalk used to soak any moisture on hand, increase friction between the surface and hand for a better grip on holds.
– The blend is skin friendly.
– You may apply it as liberally as you like but even a little quantity of this blend is highly effective.
– Magnesium Carbonate.
– Ideal for intermediates and professionals – Suitable for longer falls
– Triple-density foam structure effectively cushions the fall of a falling climber
– Reinforced corners to prevent the corners from wearing out too soon
– Built in padded shoulder straps with waist belts and carry handles on all four sides
– Wrap around closure flap with elasticated buckle
– 115 x 100 x 11 cms
– Weighs 5.50 kgs
– Proudly made in India
– Heavy duty textile with coating on both sides. This means a substantially long life of the protector
– Velcro fastener along the length of the protector
– Fabric has insulating properties to prevent the rope from getting heated up too easily